Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Baltimora - Tarzan Boy - 80s Extended Dub Version



I don't know about you, but I really miss the old 12 inch mixes from the 80s. What I like about dub mixes is that they allow you to hear how the song was put together. This one is no exception, but it also adds some of the typical 80s special effects such as stuttering sound samples. Of course, producers and remixers were still experimenting with all of the new electronic gear back in those days - there was a lot of knob twiddling going on during the 1980's!

Tarzan Boy was a one hit wonder for the Italian dance music act during 1985, reaching #3 in the UK singles chart. I always enjoyed listening to this one, although many music critics slated it for being too much of a novelty record. What I say to those critics is chill out and enjoy yourself - not all music has to be taken seriously, you know! The whole point of dance music is to get people up and dancing, and this tune certainly did that in the nightclubs during the 80s.

Check out the original Baltimora video at my website simplyeighties.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment